Exfolation with ekoko body & face scrub powder
Exfoliation has gotten pretty sophisticated. Now all-manner of skin-care scrubs, facial peels, exfoliating wipes, glycolic serums, and renewing masks want to help you keep your pores clear, your skin glowy, and boost your cell renewals
While it’s very tempting to load up on these legit skin-benefiting methods that all work in slightly different ways, a minimalist approach to scrubs is also growing in popularity.
Exfoliating powders - totally dry scrubbing particles that we mix from food-grade ingredients like rice husk powder, white clay powder, milk powder and sandalwood powder - are the latest trend to sprinkle beauty shelves and bathroom sinks, even if they’re super old-school and simple.
The good thing is that they are much more prevalent in the natural world because they don’t need any preservatives—since they aren’t made with water, so they will stay fresh for a much longer time. The powder is very minimal and works in harmony with the skin’s acid mantle (protective layer and pH). The danger with other scrubs can be that they strip away the skin’s balancing barrier.
These dry powders require a little DIY action before they are ready for use but that’s also a fun part. So how do you use it to cleanse your face and body?
So here we go and the good news is that you don’t need any fancy tools or ingredients to activate the powders.
- Add water. Just put a teaspoon or two into your hand or a small dish and add water, keep adding a tiny bit of water until you have a paste, that you can use then to gently buff with.
- Add the scrubbing powder to your normal liquid cleanser. This is a key beauty hack to live by for the busy (or lazy ones) among us.
- Customize your scrub. You can tweak these for your ideal grit and texture, you can add all sorts of food ingredients that work as mixing components. For example; if you’re someone who wants to silken it up a bit, you can add honey. Just experiment a bit to find your best!
- Make it into a mask: For some skin boosting action, blend the powder with yogurt; or up the exfoliation factor by mixing it into mashed papaya, which contains the effective exfoliating enzyme papain; or mix it with avocado and let it sink into your skin for added nourishment. If your skin is very dry to can also mix it with olive oil.
- Pro tips: we pack the powder in an environmental paper bag. Of course you want to keep your scrub dry so prevent water getting into the bag. Take some out with dry hands. Also; do not open the bag near a fan!
Now get your glorious skin and choose from one of our 4 scents.